Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Grateful Post

I really wish that Thanksgiving weren't the skipped over holiday. It's that time where we all get to remember and count our blessings - not that we shouldn't be doing that all year it's just more abundant now. People already have their Christmas decorations up and we haven't even cooked the turkey yet. I have so much to be thankful for this year and I need to get it out there for everyone to enjoy.

First, and foremost I'm so grateful for my children. When I hear stories about terrible things that happen to kids (sickness, kidnapping, etc.) it makes me scared and fearful. Then I am reminded that instead of living in fear I need to be grateful for all that my kids are. I'm am such a blessed mom and only hope I can live up to the mom that they deserve to have.

I'm also thankful for my husband. He sacrifices a lot for our family and doesn't complain about it. He also puts up with my extensive craziness with (mostly ;)) patience. He is such a great dad for our kids - the boys race to the door as soon as he is home because they are always excited to see him.

I am grateful for all of my family. They always support me and are there if I ever need anything. Wherever we have lived we've always had family take the time to come and visit us. We all really appreciate that and everything that is done for us.

I'm also so thankful for friends. I'm moved a lot and in every place I've lived I've met people that will be my friends for life. Even people in places that I've never lived have become my true friends. I'm am so grateful for people who have helped shape me and make me better for me  having known them. I'm so thankful for the friends that I've had forever and have known me through a lot of my life's stages and still stick by me.

I know I complain a lot about our current situation - and it's hard not to focus on the bad when you are constantly faced with it, but I am very blessed. More blessed than any of my challenges should be able to weigh down. I think every day should be Thanksgiving - we'd all be thankful and full. I hope everyone gets to enjoy some pie tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

THANKS! I'm grateful for you!

Sheffers said...

wait you didnt mention my name? I am so offended! I am grateful for you! Thanks for being my friend!!!

Jessica said...

Thanks April, that was a great reminder!!!

Happy thanksgiving!
Hugs from NJ!
Jess