Saturday, October 18, 2008

A pictorial essay

My days are mostly boring. I'm learning new things, going to work, etc, but like most people, most of my average day is not full of things I look forward to. The following is one of the few things that I really look forward to and enjoy.

It is one of the simple joys of my life.

Cameron loves yogurt and I like it too. Several times per week, sometimes right before I leave for school, sometimes before dinner, and sometimes right before Cameron goes to bed, I ask if he wants to share a yogurt, and he always does.

He runs to the fridge.


He gets out a yogurt, which we conveniently keep on the lowest shelf on the door.
He gets out a spoon, almost always a big spoon. Note that he can't open the drawer with one hand, so he sets down the yogurt...see it?

I am waiting on the couch where he comes running with the spoon and yogurt so we can share it.


When he brings the yogurt in he tells me what flavor he chose - "yummy peach" for peach or "berries" for raspberry, strawberry or boysenberry. Cameron always makes sure he's getting his half of the treat by telling me he wants a "BIG bite!" if my spoonfuls seem bigger than his. This kid can be excited about anything, but he's REALLY excited about this ALWAYS. Now that I think of it, I don't think he's ever declined to share a yogurt with me.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Awww that's so sweet <3

How come you always seem to blog about food? ;)

KOCHERHANS said...

That has to be the sweetest essay I have EVER read. A++++++++ Ryan!
Cutest pictures to go with it too. (I assume from April since you were 'sitting on the couch') Awww, I love this post. It's just precious. What a happy little boy. I'm a little sensitive to father/son bonding like this right now because Ben is gone :0(

AprilF said...

The pictures were taken by Ryan also. :)

TheWenbergFamily said...

I'm not sure what's wrong with me today but this blog made me want to cry!! That picture of Cameron running so excitedly is so precious April. It's the simple things that make life so amazing. Good job April's hubby on the blogging and pictures!!

KOCHERHANS said...

Ryan,
I am doubly impressed (is doubly a word?) And I'm with the Wenberg family - made me want to cry too.

Tara Fischbeck said...

That is so cute and it is the same place we keep our yogurt!!