Saturday, September 15, 2007

New Kitchen

So my mom finally had time to come down and "help" me re-do my kitchen (nothing in my house would be done without her help). I REALLY wanted to get rid of the 80's cabinets and white walls. Because there is NO natural light coming in I also wanted to lighten it up. So we painted the walls a medium green and painted the cabinets cream with a glaze on top to make it look more "worn". We also recovered the chairs and made a few wall hangings. It was a lot of work but WELL worth it in the end. Here are some before and after pics.



FABULOUS striped fabric!
I made this because we have this weird half wall and I needed something to help separate the rooms.
Ok... I just did after. I was too lazy to dig them off of the other hard drive. Most of you probably remember the joy that was my kitchen before.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Wow!!! That look really nice. I can't wait to see it in person. Maybe your mom can come over and "help" me sometime :)

DiZe said...

You and your mother must be EXTREMELY gifted to have created such beauty. That or you have very good taste and know what you want - of course, your impeccable taste could have came from me too.....MOM